need some opinions

joel a. jones jajones2 at wisc.edu
Fri Jul 4 09:46:57 MDT 2008

Les,
You are spot on ! ! !

1. The HVAC needs to be stable.  On/Off  changes the pitch, the tuning,
and the
voicing of not only the piano, but the organ as well.

2.  Coming from a major University where there were several technicians
we were
responsible for our own group of pianos.  Switching back and forth for
tuning, voicing,
and scheduling repairs was not beneficial.  Each technician tracked
their group
of pianos and were responsible for keeping those pianos in top
condition.
Consulting on needed service was very open and a group project.
However, the
hand on the tuning hammer and the technique used was consistently one
person.

3. My experience with pianos and organ tuning finds that the organ
changes faster
and more dramatically than pianos.  Some Sundays the music played
changes from the
early service to the late service because the pitch of the organ
returns to A-440 and matches
the piano.   I would recommend you not change the piano to the pitch of
the organ, unless the organ is purposely  tuned to a pitch other than
A-440.

Keep in Tune.

Joel
Joel Jones, RPT