Tuning Source Book/Test: hints #2 & #18

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 3 13:25:39 MDT 2008

I wouldn't change your temperment for the test unless it is lacking...another mentor/technician should be able to tell you how it is...

Don't forget that you have a 1 cent lee way in the temperment area.   Tune your temperment...by the way how does it proceed?...then listen to your contiguous thirds to see if you are in the ballpark.   Do your temperment fast beating intervals progress evenly?  Do your 4ths beat around 1 beat a second?  Do your 5ths beat less than that?   If so, it will pass the temperment part of the test...

One other thing...don't have your A3-A4 octave too stretched for the test...keep it just wide of pure...A3 slightly flat

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044