Customer Satisfaction

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 19:06:41 MDT 2008

Greetings,

I will be servicing a clients piano tomorrow.  I tuned it about a month ago, and it is a callback.  She wasn't complaining about the tuning, but there is one note toward the bass section that doesn't quite match the tone of the surrounding notes.  When I was there I could tell a slight difference, but not much.

Anyway, I will be going there tomorrow to attempt to satisfy this client.  My only fear is that I will be doing some work here, and she still won't be satisfied.  If she is not, do I still charge her?  This is the client you may remember me mentioning some time back that there are vibrations on a few notes that are played.  Well, this is the one.  Plus there is a paper clip that she dropped in the soundboard, and another tech she has called could not find it.  Plus there are two notes that she said sounded a little sharp to her.

So, if I cannot satisfy these situations, what would you do in my shoes?

Thanks in advance,
Matthew