Customer Satisfaction

Michael Kurta mkurta at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 3 06:54:38 MDT 2008

    Matthew:
    First, get a clear explanation and demonstration from the customer as to their complaint.  Some folks have a hard time explaining so you'll need to help them with this.  You need all the information you can get to diagnose accurately.  Second try your best to remedy their problem.  95% of complaints are real and noticeable to the player, though there are some which may not be correctable, and others that are imagined.
    Failing your efforts to make them happy, call upon another, more experienced tech to help, even if you have to pay for their time.  Chalk it up to training as we've all had to do this once in awhile.  Sometimes a second opinion will reinforce your solution, and the customer will be satisfied.
    My favorite motto is:  "The customer isn't always right, but they're always the customer."  Good Luck and let us know how it all worked out.
    Mike Kurta, RPT
    Syracuse chapter
    Moving to the Chicago chapter August 1.