Restring and/or Rescale? 30 YO Yamaha C3

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 16:29:38 MDT 2007

On 10/12/07, Phil Bondi <phil at philbondi.com> wrote:

> > While we're on the
> >     subject I have some experience with Abel hammers and almost none
> >     with Renners, for longevity in a classroom situation and that will
> >     still retain some tonal qualities what hammers would you recommend?
> >
> You're asking approx. 800 technicians what
> hammers you would put on a re-scaled C3?
>
> Plan on about 2500 different suggestion!!
>
> Seriously, If you're going to re-scale it, have
> the re-scaler make the suggestion for you. If
> you don't re-scale it, I would prefer Abel or
> Ronson on that one.
>
> -Phil Bondi(Fl)

Why not Phil? I can take an average of the answers I get and should come up
with something reasonable.
Besides who says I can't pick & choose or ignore 'em all!
That's the beauty of the list, all of that advice and input but in the end
you're still on your own, doing the job with your good name attached to it
so you're going to use your best judgement of who gave the best advice!
Mike

--
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing
is to not stop questioning.-- Albert Einstein

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com