Restring and/or Rescale? 30 YO Yamaha C3

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Fri Oct 12 15:38:12 MDT 2007

 > While we're on the
>     subject I have some experience with Abel hammers and almost none
>     with Renners, for longevity in a classroom situation and that will
>     still retain some tonal qualities what hammers would you recommend?

You're asking approx. 800 technicians what
hammers you would put on a re-scaled C3?

Plan on about 2500 different suggestion!!

Seriously, If you're going to re-scale it, have
the re-scaler make the suggestion for you. If
you don't re-scale it, I would prefer Abel or
Ronson on that one.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)