Restring and/or Rescale? 30 YO Yamaha C3

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Oct 12 16:49:01 MDT 2007

For heavy use start softer.  For light use you can start harder.  In this
case, I would go with Ronsen Wurzen.  You need something firm enough for the
Yamaha tonal model but not so firm that you are doing a lot of initial
voicing to get the tone down to where you want it and even more to keep it
there.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com

...While we're on the subject I have some experience with Abel hammers and
almost none with Renners, for longevity in a classroom situation and that
will still retain some tonal qualities what hammers would you recommend?

Mike