gray market

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Wed Mar 21 12:20:56 MST 2007

Hi Michele,

The problem is one of parts from Yamaha. Of course a G3 that is that old
Yamaha doesn't have parts for so after market parts would be needed. The
other issue is controlling humidity very carefully.

As this piano has served two lifetimes (one in Japan and one here) it may
need a total rebuild. Costs would exceed any possible fair market value.

At 12:41 PM 3/21/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>A newbie tech here.  I'm really interested in this topic.  Did the customer
>buy the piano as new or used?  If it was sold as used, what is the main
>problem with selling these pianos except that they were built for a higher
>humidity level?
>
>Thanks for the info!
>
>Michelle Smith
Regards,