chisels (& sharpening)

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sun Mar 18 10:34:48 MST 2007

Ditto on the Tormek,
I've had mine about 4 or 5 years. I use a high bred system of stones for truing the back and the tormek wheel for regrinding the bevel, then sometimes back to the stones for the second bevel. The leather honing wheel is worth it's weight in gold. For a bridge notching chisel I don't think a perfect flat back is important, so honing and sharpening periodically through the job is like seconds on the leather. Plus, there's not much you can't sharpen with all the attachments.
Fenton