chisels (& sharpening)

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 09:45:01 MST 2007

In a message dated 3/16/2007 2:38:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
paulrevenkojones at aol.com writes:

I've been using the Tormek sharpening system now for about 5 years. ....

All,

There was a good discussion of the Tormek and other sharpening methods about
4 years ago. Check the archives. (My Tormek has LONG since paid for itself).

Also, every time I buy something that makes sharp tools easier, I wonder why
I didn't do it sooner, so now seems like a good time to mention the Drill
Doctor for sharpening twist drill bits. Its claim to fame is  a special chuck that
holds the bit, a stop and guide for getting the positioning and depth right,
a diamond wheel, and particularly a cam-type guide for getting the grinding
relief right. Elegantly simple. It's saving me a fortune in replacement of bits
I was too lazy to sharpen (or not able to reliably). Marcia got me one for
Christmas, and it's already paid for itself.

Bob Davis