Electric Planer - Upgrade Time

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Mar 16 18:05:01 MST 2007

I'd consider Grizzly as well.  And, I think when you move up to a floor model, you really won't have to worry too much about vibration (with most of them).  Grizzly has really been coming around in the last decade, making rather high quality tools for good $$.  For example, a good 15" planer:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0453

or, 15" with spiral cutterhead
http://www.grizzly.com/products/G1021X

or a 20"
http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0454

or 20" with spiral head:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/G1033X

If you are sold on the spiral heads, I'd drop the cash and go for the 20".  For as much as you do, Terry, and I know I probably don't have to remind you, but, don't get "just enough," get "more than enough" planer.

Best,
William R. Monroe