chisels

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Mar 16 11:02:16 MST 2007

H Terry

Well, I have a slow speed wide sharpening wheel (wet) for the rough
work, and a couple older stones that need replacing. I have pretty much
decided on ordering the Japanese chisels I posted... white steel seems
to come highly recommended from a lot of holds. Stones I'm going to
order tonite as well.  I get the message folks.... mirror sharp makes
for good work and lets a beginner at this job like myself have an
outside chance of making things look like I've been at it all my life.

But Terry my friend...,   since you asked the question first... let me
throw it back at you.  What do you use ?

Tomak, which came through on another post, is made in Sweden I
understand... just around the corner.  I have a feeling I am going to
like this kind of work, so I doubt it will be long before I spend some
bucks on some new tools :)

Cheers
RicB

    And now for the next can-of-worms. What kind of a sharpening system
    do you
    have?

    Terry Farrell