chisels

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Thu Mar 15 21:31:16 MST 2007

Ric,

I'd recommend looking at www.japanwoodworker.com

That said, it looks like you are pretty much there anyway.  I think as far
as selecting a particular chisel or two for, say, your notching, is very
individual.  I know some who use standard bench chisels, others who use a
mortising chisel, still others using crank neck chisels, still others using
firmer chisels or even paring chisels.

I'd also echo Jim's comment that unless you like the aesthetics of a nice
line-up of fine chisels above your bench, I'd go one at a time and find the
size/style that you prefer.

Best,
William R. Monroe