Another side of missed appointments

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 15 19:25:51 MST 2007

At 12:00 PM 3/15/2007, Terry Farrell wrote:
>Subject: Re: Another side of missed appointments
>Message: 7
>
>I had a similar, but opposite of sorts appointment a few years ago.
>I walked up to the front door maybe a few minutes late, knocked, and
>the lady answered the door. She appear rather panicked, tears
>streaming down her face. "My husband just had a heart attack and
>they took him to the hospital - I didn't want to leave because I
>knew you were coming."
>
>Awww jeezzzzz. Lady, go to your husband  - call me sometime in the
>future and we'll reschedule - now go!
>
>So yeah, there are all kinds out there. I sure appreciated her
>concern for my time, but goodness gracious - there are priorities!
>
>Terry Farrell

Yes. Just last week a lady in San Francisco called me at my previous
appointment (Aren't cell phones a pain sometimes) wanting to know if
I could get there exactly on time, because her mother had died, and
she was trying to get things squared away in order to get to the
funeral in Wisconsin. I told her right on the spot not to worry about
the darned piano - we can tune after she gets back and right now she
has more important things to deal with. (We scheduled another
appointment before hanging up). She was still apologetic about
messing up my schedule, but sounded relieved. With SF Bay Area
traffic you can never guarantee when you get anywhere - and I can
always juggle schedules around...

Israel Stein