chisels

jimialeggio5 at comcast.net jimialeggio5 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 15 17:46:59 MST 2007

Ditto...I finally started using these japanese chisels for really picky work and
they leave all my other chisels in the dust.

The relieved backs really let you get the essential mirror polish. A totally
unexpected bonus in notching work is that the clear mirror polish on the
back lets me eyeball the exact center of the 3 pin holes really quickly.
When you split a hole with a mirror as you move the mirror the circular
hole very visibly becomes an ellipse...so nailing the exact center is really easy.

I must say however for myself, that I find multiple chisel sets to be a waste of money, as I
quickly adopt a very few sizes for the great majority if not all my work.

Jim I

I was going to say "go Japanese" but I see you're already there. No one does
better.