what would you do.

David Chadwick chadwick61 at cox.net
Thu Mar 15 17:18:26 MST 2007

what would you do.Les,
Everyone's comments are right on as far as making sure you get paid for your work. I have made a change in the way I charge for  all of my service calls by keeping my price at a higher amount that would normally cover a pitch raise, fine tune and some touch-up regulating. It's annoying to the customers when they are told that the price you quoted has become more because of this or that. Since I've raised my rate I have had more business (believe it or not) and I'll see a tip every so often.  I'll spend 90+ minutes per appointment and most people are thankful to have a more comprehensive service done. When was the last time you worked on a piano that didn't need work other than a tune-up. It's also a bit more satisfying for me to make a better musical instrument out of the piano so I can enjoy playing some demo songs and feel and hear the improvements.

David C.