What would Steinway do

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Mar 5 10:17:49 MST 2007

David

I'm not going to engage with you when you move posts into the realm of
the personal. Your first sentence I believe is clearly in that realm. I
would ask however, that if you want to take a shot at me using quotes
from my own posts that you dont take them out of their context and put
them into another.  I made myself perfectly clear in that sentence.

I am also a <<people>> and express my opinions out of a sincere desire
to contribute positively. Which was the tone and message contained in my
post.  I do not encourage tiptoeing, nor do I see where anything I have
written could be even remotely interpreted that way.

RicB

    Perhaps you should volunteer to become editor for the list postings.  I
    don't really get any of this: rebuilders with "obvious
    vulnerability...".
    What's that?  People express their opinions directly and matter of
    factly
    out of frustration, disbelief, mostly.  I don't think that those
    with other
    ideas about how to approach rebuilding and design are serious
    threats to any
    major manufacturers market share.  The criticisms of any
    manufacturer will
    make an impact or not based on sheer volume over time, not because
    something
    was more tastefully and diplomatically expressed.  Tiptoeing around the
    issues and taking care not to ruffle any feathers may be more
    genteel but
    I'm not sure it's any more effective and it certainly makes for less
    interesting reading.

    David Love