What would Steinway do

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Mar 2 18:09:59 MST 2007

I should like to add to this that I find it utterly appalling that the
world of pianists have seemingly chosen to close themselves off so
purposefully to the vast variety of piano sounds available to make music
by.  And that includes the temperament theme as well.

If I've said it once I've said it a billion times.... "I believe its a
pianist job to sit down to any reasonably built and kept instrument,
figure out what its voice is... what it can say... and start making
music."

This whole idea that one sound or one response is needed is both in
error to begin with and IMHO to the overall detriment of music as a
whole.  People... human kind.. the collective WE seems to need their
deities however, and there is not much I can do about that aside from
standing where I do on the subject.

Cheers
RicB

    What can I say.  I love pianos... and I love the diversity of high
    quality pianos.  Regardless of who makes them or what their particular
    building philosophy is. These things stand on their own IMHO.  They
    need
    no defense beyond our insistence upon that over those who are skeptics

    Cheers
    RicB