What would Steinway do

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Mar 2 18:03:17 MST 2007

Hi Dave

Then we are in agreement !  Of course its still a piano.  And, if
Rochester's example is too judge by,  a damned fine one at that... as
fine as they come I would say.

Hey,  I'll line right up beside you if it comes to anyone trying to
demean such craftsmanship, design thought, and creativity.  Same thing
goes for any nonsensical attack on such an instruments musicality.
Count me in there 110% and more.

You are correct.  Its a Nossaman.  If it gets dubbed a D+ on top of that
I'd have no problem and I'd think it a bit stretched if someone did.

What can I say.  I love pianos... and I love the diversity of high
quality pianos.  Regardless of who makes them or what their particular
building philosophy is. These things stand on their own IMHO.  They need
no defense beyond our insistence upon that over those who are skeptics

Cheers
RicB

    No Ric, I still don't understand their question when they ask if it
    is still
    a Steinway.  It's still a piano!  Nossaman's D+ is still a piano but for
    sure is no longer a Steinway D.  As I hear the question being asked it's
    like is it still a piano.

    I just don't understand the question.  I understand the words, I
    just don't
    understand what they are asking.

    dp