grotrian

richard.ucci at att.net richard.ucci at att.net
Tue Jun 5 18:01:16 MDT 2007

Hi People,
I tuned my first Grotrian yesterday. It was a "120" 45" studio. Ca: late 60's. Nice,but with some interesting features.
1. very nice ivory keys
2. slender sharps in ebony,with a portion carved out of the center like a groove.
3. bass hammers were shaved inward on the sides from top to bottom.(I've also seen this on a Zimmerman grand).
4.stainless steel plate at the base of tunings pins.
Woman wants to sell, any ideas on private sale value? Any opinions on Grotrians?
Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano