Do you play piano?

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Sat Jun 2 08:37:00 MDT 2007

Gregor,

Yes, I play.  In fact, I was jamming with a young (26 year old to my 54) friend last night.  I noticed how badly I need to employ myself on my OWN piano.  I can't afford me though....:-)

I started playing piano when I was 15, and developed a real affinity for it.  2 years later I was a piano performance major at San Jose State.  3 years later, I quit school to "find" myself, get a job, and schlep around for 5 years or so sort of trying to work as a musician.  I got a job as a mover/helper/tuning apprentice at a store 30 years ago, and have been in the piano business ever since, except for 2 years of stay-at-home-fatherhood from 1999 to 2001, when I became self-employed as a tech.

I still play a fair amount, and I'm glad I have the young dude to get me motivated to keep a few chops handy.

Think I'll tune my piano today, even though I can't afford my rates.  The killer octave sounds nasty!

Dave Stahl, RPT

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560
dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net