Do you play piano?

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Sat Jun 2 06:36:34 MDT 2007

Gregor _ wrote:
> Are there techs outside who don´t play piano? If so: how came in your
> mind to become a piano tech?

Gregor, I am speaking as someone who does play and was one
of those 'not quite successful enough' people who attempted
to make a living playing for my supper.

I have heard this analogy, and for the most part, I agree
with it:

 >An airplane mechanic might know how to fix the plane, but
not know how to fly it..and vice versa.<

I believe I have only met one person in this field who is
not musically inclined who found this field after
retirement. Everyone else I have met has some musical
background, or has demonstrated musical interested
somewhere other than a piano.

This field lends itself to those who prefer to work alone,
and I think that has a draw to some people. Also, once you
get proficient, you can make a decent living in this field.

That's incentive enough for most.

I look forward to those on this list who you seek out.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)