grand checking adjustment

brittanykirk272 at comcast.net brittanykirk272 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 17:13:39 MDT 2007

I have been taught two different ways to adjust grand checking, and I would like y'all's opinion on which you think is more accurate.

1.  Strike the key, see where the hammer checks, and adjust accordingly.
2.  While holding the key down, lift the hammer, and let it fall into a checked position.

If I make everything even with method 1, then re-assess with method 2, checking is uneven... and vice versa.  Advice, please.

Brittney