wurlitzer(chinese) grand

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 15:45:12 EST

Richard,

I just encountered something similar today in a Remington 175(new, budget
Pramberger line).  .  It wasn't the sostenuto adjustment, it was  excess
friction in both the pedal pivots and the lyre rod guide rail  bushings.  There was
so much friction between the two, that the sostenuto  pedal couldn't push
itself back to it's lowest postion, thus leaving the blades  just enough out of
position to grab a few tabs.

To check, use the pedal, and after use see if you can budge it up a bit  with
your toe

It's a long shot, but worth a look.

Dave Stahl

n a message dated 1/26/2006 6:08:42 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,