frequent tuning - floating pitch? was tuning

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:23:57 -0600

At 23:17 1/28/2006, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What do you University tuners do in cases like this?  Would you tune all
>pianos to 440 all the time, or would you be selective, i.e., float the
>practice rooms, 440 for the teachers studios, etc.
>
>I have been tuning all the University pianos to 440 (three times a year)
>and find myself doing huge pitch raises or lowering, depending upon the
>time of year.
>
>Jere

I tune 440 all the time.  With an ETD (I use RCT), I find I can do "pitch
raise" and tune in the same amount of time that I used to do just a
straight tuning.  In and out in a classroom hour. (Max time available in
many situations...)

Conrad Hoffsommer
then used against you.