Soundboard rib question

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:33:47 +0100

Hi Ed

Its got the Patent Action.  The damper system is similar to the modern
one.  I havent any pictures of the action or back action... but thats a
doable. Hammers look to be the origional for the instrument.
Remember... this is not exactly a forte' piano... its a cross over
between those and a modern grand.  Note the plate configuration.  A back
plate, and a plate for the pin block, coupled together with removable
struts.

The front termination for the tenor and bass is basically a bridge with
two rows of bridge pins to clamp the string. Its covered by a metal bar
with felt on the underside to aid in holding the strings down.  The
treble and diskant sections are terminated with a metal detactable
<<aggraffed>> capo bar like device. I'll have to take some pics
tommorrow or monday and post them.

Cheers
RicB

Ric-
This time the pictures came through.
Those don't look like Viennese action dampers.
What kind of action does it have?
Are those replacement hammers? (No leather)
Ed