Cracking the unisons

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:30:26 -0600

Mr. Stopper,
I agree and disagree.  A particularly agreeable=20
old Knabe I tuned had a long attack phase that=20
rose five cents or more.  It was blessedly slow=20
to tune too.  I too check tuning over several=20
volume ranges.  The difference, I use a Verituner=20
that samples over a period of time, measuring and=20
remeasuring a note until it has collected=20
inharmonicity info that does not all occur at once.
Not all boxes are made the same.  I check my=20
concert tunings aurally independent of the box=20
after having put the piano in correct pitch=20
solidly with the box.  Not much tampering after that. ;-)

Andrew C. Anderson