a hammer question

pianotune05 pianotune05@comcast.net
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:46:51 -0500

HI Dave,
I have an account with Schaff, and i'm going to open one with pianotek =
soon.  What type of glue would you guys recommend.  I've seen a tech use =
wood glue on hammers.
Marshall
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: 'Pianotech List'=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:36 PM
  Subject: RE: a hammer question

  Do you mean the hammer is split or the hammer shank?  It sounds like =
you mean the hammer shank is split.  Why would you want to order a set =
of hammers?  Just replace the shank.  There are sleeves that you can get =
from piano supply houses (you should open an account with one or more), =
and you can also repair the shank without a sleeve if the break is long =
and gives you some gluing surface. =20

  David Love
  davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20