Out of state dealership calls

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:22:31 -0600

I've done a few here Phil, and the people admitted that they bought them
out of state to avoid paying sales tax.  The out-of-state dealer doesn't
have to charge sales tax because it's being shipped here.  The customer
is supposed to pay a "Use Tax" but........

dp

David M. Porritt
dporritt@smu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Phil Bondi
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 5:52 AM
To: Newtonville
Subject: Out of state dealership calls

Hello all.

In the last 2 months, I have gotten 6 calls from dealers out of state to

do tunings on new pianos.

This is a new trend for me..and I'm wondering if this is a new trend for

the industry..I get the impression these people are buying from eBay
adds or possibly dealing with their previously local dealership for a
piano. I don't ask the client 'where did you get this piano from' - I
just go in and do the work.

Has anyone else reading this notice this type of trend?

-Phil Bondi(Fl)