Upgrading.....

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:29:57

Hi Marshall,

You don't need a whole bunch of light even with 20/200 vision. Use the tip
of the mute to "strum" across three strings with the key held down, then
*shove it home*.

To find out where to start, play the note and slowly drag the mute across
the area. The vibrations from the string can be felt so then location of
the first mute is fast, easy and requires little or no vision.

Here is a graphic of where the mutes would go if | is a mute and . is a
string.

Use of a "split" mute can make this process even faster. Search the
archieves for advice on making one. I use a "double mute" myself--but I'm
not sure whether these are commercially available. I purchased a life time
supply when they were, from Ken Burton (who wrote the "different strokes"
book).

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7