Upgrading.....

John Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:32:18 -0600

Marshall,

That kind of light will cause pitch changes if it's close enough to the
strings. Maybe an LED flashlight or LED lamp you could wear on your head.
Just from observation, it may be cooler than an incandescent.

I've never tried the gang mutes.

Best of success to you.

John Formsma

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of pianotune05
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:12 PM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Re: Upgrading.....

Hi JOhn,

Well hopefully, I'm practicing good habits, but I need to figure out where
i'm losing time and change that.  One thing is muting.  I'm going to look in
my schaff catelog and see if there's any kind of light, trouble light, type
of thing i can clamp on the lid of a grand or put on an upright so I can
really see the strings when I'm muting them. On grands, the three string
unisons are a little close together in the trebble section.  Have you ever
had any experience with a gang mute from Schaff?  They're pretty cool
looking, a long rubber mute with wedges on it, about 13 I beleive.

I think my joining the PTg will be a marriage made in heaven.  I can't wait
until I go tothat first meeting.

Marshall