another CA question

Maggie Jusiel mags@magsmusic.net
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 04:10:30 +1300 (NZDT)

OK...  I'm back to experimenting...  (I have access to lots of junked
pianos that have been "trashed" but can't be disposed of easily because of
state policies affecting our local college.)

I had success with CA gluing an upright pinblock without putting it on
it's back.  It actually worked.  I used Q-tips to catch any drips, which I
was pretty good at avoiding.  I used Stew-Mac pipettes to apply the glue,
because the small tip could fit into the gaps between the pins and the
wood, and because if it looked like I might drip, I could suck the glue
back in.  Once the wood soaked up as much as it could, the glue "puddled"
in the gaps without dripping.

I don't know if I want to try this on a good piano, and may never, but
it's interesting...  Any thoughts?

-mags

Maggie Jusiel
Piano Tuner