boiled lindseed oil

Mark Potter bases-loaded76@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 02:33:20 -0800 (PST)

Never having tried it, I guess you could say there is only one way to find out.  However, there are inexpensive remedies for this that are proven to have a high success rate, so why try to save $2-3 and likely ruin a pinblock that may have been salvageable?  I honestly can't conceive how boiled linseed oil could possibly be effective for loose pins, as it would seem more suited to use as a pin-driving fluid.

  Is it possible the technician's words were somehow misunderstood?

  Mark Potter

Avery <avery1@houston.rr.com> wrote:
  Personally, I wouldn't even try it on my own "piece of junk" piano. If the
pins are THAT loose, use CA!

Avery Todd