Mileage

william ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:18:05 -0500

> Maggie Jusiel
> <http://www.magsmusic.net>

Maggie,

I was interested to note the geographical zones which you used for
building mileage into your tuning fee. The areas, I assume form
concentric circles around your home town, being 2, then 5, then 12,
then 14 towns in number. How long has that system been up and
running? Does it ever happen that a pair of customers who know each
other, but each live a half mile of either side of a boundary, wonder
why, being barely a mile apart, they pay a different fee. Or say, a
piano teacher, or some otherwise eager musician lines up six or eight
tunings, only to find that there is not one fee charged to all,
because of addresses?

This is the only problem I can imagine with what is otherwise a very
well designed means of including a mileage charge in the tuning fee
(which avoids on-the-fly calculations, and settles the issue the
moment the customer gives you their address). If this hasn't raised
any eyebrows among your customers, then it's a home-free solution to
paying for drive-time and car wear'n'tear.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.
wbps@vermontel.net

"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it"
     ...........Steve Forbes, quoting his father, Malcom