What's a fair price to charge for tuning a piano

Will Wickham wwickham@stny.rr.com
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 22:53:02 -0500

Wayne,

I'm in the Fingerlakes and Southern Tier area. We've got pretty good
coverage of tuners in this area. Are you in NY as well?

A basic tuning in this area is pretty much just a tuning. Depending on
the tuner it might include fixing an occasional sticky key or other
simple service, but anything more time consuming will likely be a
separate charge. I don't know about others in the area, but I don't
charge mileage or change my fee for different locations. I tend to
group appointments to save travel time and expense. I do discount
churches and schools as well as the store I tune for regularly. They do
pay better than $15 per tuning!

will

On Feb 9, 2006, at 10:27 PM, Wayne M. Williams wrote:

> Dear Will:
> waht part of NYS is that. there aren't alot of tuners up here. A basic
> tun depends on distance traveled, time needed to tune, and if the
> clients are repeat customers or institutions.
> Rural areas demand a lot of traveling.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched