What's a fair price to charge for tuning a piano

Wayne M. Williams wwilliams11@nycap.rr.com
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 22:27:08 -0500

Dear Will:
waht part of NYS is that. there aren't alot of tuners up here. A basic =
tun depends on distance traveled, time needed to tune, and if the =
clients are repeat customers or institutions.
Rural areas demand a lot of traveling.

Regards,
wayne
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Will Wickham=20
  To: Pianotech List=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:01 PM
  Subject: Re: What's a fair price to charge for tuning a piano

  For what it's worth: on those rare occasions when I've been booked =
more than 3 weeks in advance the "missed"/forgotten appointment rate =
goes up. I also suspect that there are a lot of folks that start =
shopping for other tuners as well. I've found that in many cases, even =
with repeat customers, people call today because they are having a party =
or sing along next week and wouldn't be willing to wait that long =
anyway.

  As for pricing: In my area of upstate mostly rural New York prices =
range from $45 to 80 for a basic tuning.=20

  will wickham