What's a fair price to charge for tuning a piano

Will Wickham wwickham@stny.rr.com
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 22:01:58 -0500

For what it's worth: on those rare occasions when I've been booked more=20=

than 3 weeks in advance the "missed"/forgotten appointment rate goes=20
up. I also suspect that there are a lot of folks that start shopping=20
for other tuners as well. I've found that in many cases, even with=20
repeat customers, people call today because they are having a party or=20=

sing along next week and wouldn't be willing to wait that long anyway.

As for pricing: In my area of upstate mostly rural New York prices=20
range from $45 to 80 for a basic tuning.

will wickham