Pinblock fitting

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 16:20:28 -0600

Shim the sucker in and see if tuning stabalizes.

As to whether it is "important" or not depends on how well it is screwed to
the plate, if it is mortised into the case or stretcher, or is more of a
free floater.

In general, if it is NOT important, then a kajillion manhours have been
wasted by manufacturers and rebuilders to bed the suckers properly!!! Yes,
it's important.

How tight are those pins? It seems like "rocking" instabilitiy wouldn't
take two weeks to show up.

Since the customer is confused by previous advice and research, if the
flange fit IS a problem but the pins are tight and I think I'd flip it over
and use wood and epoxy to fill the gaps rather than try to sell a bigger
job. Don't forget the drop cloth!

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri