Tips for knuckle relocation

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Apr 4 17:14:30 MDT 2006

I've dodged the bullet so far but there is an upcoming job in which the
owner wants to keep the hammers from a previous rebuild (old shanks).

I'm speculating that moving the knuckle from 15.5 to either 16 or 17 mm
will accomplish desired touch weigh results.

Are there plans for a jig or a floating-loaner jig for such a task?

I haven't  even determined if I have a saw blade of the appropriate width.
Feedback on what I'm in for is appreciated.
--

Regards,

Jon Page