Steingræber CG with Bridge agraffes

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Tue Apr 4 14:11:10 MDT 2006

Hey there Quentin.  Its been done several times, but it seems like the
past few years the idea has begun to catch on.  Sohmer made such a piano
some years (decades?) back, and of course as I mention Stuart & Sons of
Australia feature this in all their grands. Who knows whose next ?

Cheers
RicB

Hi Ric,

This has been done before by Stephen Paulello, a french pianist and
grand piano builder.
Maybe you have heard of this piano, it is a concert grand he made by
himself.

Strings don't go as a zigzag between bridge pins, but go through an
agraffe that is in contact with the bridge.

The only problem of this system, I think, is when you break a bass
string, you have to carry the tool to make a good loop (do you guys call
it like this??) after you pass the string inside the agraffe.

Maybe Steingraeber made a different system than Paulello, though.

Quentin

Quentin