Eavestaff pianette

Kerry Cooper brispiano@optushome.com.au
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:38:04 +1000

The Eavestaff's that I have come across have been minipianos. These were
drop action pianos with the bass strings going almost at right-angles to the
treble strings. The Hammers went at an angle down to the bass end. The hight
of these were about 6" above the keyboard, with the tuning plank in line
with the keys. The actions were normally made by Herburger Brooks and were
produced in the 1950's to 1960's.

Kerry Cooper

Australasian Registered Piano Technician (ARPT)
Brisbane Piano Centre
(07)3809-0652
0412-033-379
brispiano@optushome.com.au
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Jeannie Grassi
Sent: Thursday, 6 October 2005 4:23 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: Eavestaff pianette

Hello all,
Can anyone give me any information about an Eavestaff pianette?  Supposedly
this piano was made in England, so I was suspecting a birdcage, but I'm told
it was made for Hardman Peck. This doesn't sound right to me.  Just had a
phone call asking questions about such a piano and I couldn't tell her a
thing. She also said it doesn't have a full keyboard and it looks like a
dining room sideboard.  Now that sounds like a square grand.  Anyone know
what she's referring to?  I'd appreciate some help.  Thanks,
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net