Key Bushing Lubricant

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 06:10:10 -0500

Key phrase: " This isn't my idea!"

That's why.=20

This job is being done for another technician, so it is not my decision. =
It turns out the tallow is out and "synthetic white grease from any ACE =
hardware" is in. So I'm looking at using a mixture of synthetic white =
grease and teflon powder. Seems the idea comes from a reputable Steinway =
tech in Europe who overseas pianos that see heavy use. That is the main =
objective here is to reduce friction in an effort to increase key =
bushing longevity.

These are the Yamaha C3 pianos that I had originally posted on regarding =
leather key bushings. We elected to go with Renner cloth bushings =
because of the reported problems with the brass key pins.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----=20