Key Bushing Lubricant

Mark Schecter schecter@pacbell.net
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:58:40 -0800

I for one don't know why you would want to use something as goopy as
animal fat, even in a very thin layer. I think it will eventually get
sticky-sludgy, and what good is that? Why don't you use ProTek on the
bushings and the keypins? It's clean, slippery, and repeatable. I wet
the bushings, and use a cloth to wipe it onto the keypins. Since it
coats the cloth fibers, I think it lubricates better than powder.
Barring a too-tight fit, you won't have friction problems. Works for me.

-Mark