Humidity & voicing

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:23:54

Hi Marcel,

With respect, the Edward's string covers set to be over the pin block
combined with a bottom cover will bring humidity control to the action
cavity. Just set a hammer line--install one and watch it move around over
the period of about 3 months.

An addition cover which forces the case to be fully closed will also be of
help. The long skirt is not needed with the use of a bottom cover.

At 07:57 PM 11/27/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Don,
>
>I agree about the humidity control thing. But, for the Edward covers,
>they don't bring the humidity control to the action cavity hence the
>hammers. This is why I personnally prefer long skirted covers that keep
>the whole piano under the dampp chaser's influence.
>
>Marcel

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7