Wounded piano

Gould, Jeremy Jeremy.Gould@unco.edu
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:54:52 -0700

------_=_NextPart_002_01C5EF96.38DBCBFE
Hello list,

=20

I was looking at one of our university's Baldwin's as a candidate for
restringing, and discovered the structural damage pictured in the
attachment.  Any ideas on how this could have happened?  Any suggestions
for repair (I don't want to replace the sound-board)? =20

=20

It doesn't seem to have affected the sound of the piano negatively.  The
piano has got a big sound with good sustain, but it's been around the
block a few times.  It's a Model SF made in 1920.

=20

Jeremy

=20

Jeremy Gould, Piano Technician