hammers - correlation of $ & quality

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:15:56 -0500

Nels,
I have no idea who or what "NewOctave" is; I would suggest that you
go with a company with a known track record instead of gambling on
"best price." Here in the US of A Ronsen can provide you with quality
upright hammers, bored to your samples (or written specifications).
They can provide you with their standard felt, or the higher quality
Wurzen felt.
If you're somewhere in Europe, both Abel and Renner can provide you
with equally high quality hammers, custom bored or "standard
bored" ( in which case you're gambling that the piano in question has
"standard specs"). Abel and Renner are also available through
suppliers in the US.
Best wishes,
Patrick Draine