Yamaha Keytops and Bushings

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:19:18 -0500

I am tasked with replacing several keytops and bushing sets on several =
Yamaha C3 grands. These pianos are less than 10 years old.

Anyone know what kind of glue did Yamaha use for the key bushings? Some =
kind of white crud?

Anyone have any experience with removing a Yamaha keytop - some method =
that best preserves the wooden key itself. I presume I can steam them =
off, but it is likely that some will have to be done on-site (cruise =
ship) and steaming will not be an attractive option. Is there some magic =
way to pry and just "pop" them off?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell