re-attach metal grill on Yamaha music desk

TOM DRISCOLL tomtuner@verizon.net
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:19:05 -0500

Message
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Byron Quam=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:43 PM
  Subject: re-attach metal grill on Yamaha music desk

  I have a customer with a Yamaha console piano made in 1976. There is =
no model number that I can see but there is a C before the serial number =
and it is about 42 inches high.=20

  =20

  The music desk had a metal grill attached but the plastic material =
that held this grill in place has disintegrated (became brittle and =
shattered). I'm wondering if anyone else has run into such a problem and =
how they re-attached the metal grill.=20

  =20

  Thanks,

  =20

  Byron Quam
     =20
  Byron,
      I have a foolproof -works every time -no charge to the customer =
fix.
      Step 1: remove the metal grill from the rack.
      Step 2: Take the grill outside (Best if near a large body of =
water)
      Step 3: Throw grill as far as you are able - preferably into the =
aforementioned ocean with the tide going out.
     =20
      Seriously--These "Design" features have no business on a piano.
                         I would explain to the client that Yamaha =
discontinued the use of this design and you will be happy to follow =
their lead and remove the grill .
      Best wishes,
      Tom Driscoll RPT