re-attach metal grill on Yamaha music desk

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:53:11 -0600

It's the heat of the burning coals that melts the plastic. That should be obvious.

But the utility of dual functionality is always tempting, when purchasing appliances and musical instruments. In an emergency, for example, your bagpipe can serve as an ambu bag: The trick is to block off the drones after gently shoving the chanter down the victim's throat ...

Okay, sorry ... scurrying back to my hidey hole now.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Byron Quam
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 11/15/2005 8:44:00 PM
Subject: re-attach metal grill on Yamaha music desk

I have a customer with a Yamaha console piano made in 1976. There is no model number that I can see but there is a C before the serial number and it is about 42 inches high.

The music desk had a metal grill attached but the plastic material that held this grill in place has disintegrated (became brittle and shattered). I'm wondering if anyone else has run into such a problem and how they re-attached the metal grill.

Thanks,

Byron Quam