shank strike weights

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:46:26 -0500

--============_-1080024096==_ma============
>have to take a closer look at knuckle radius a lot closer.

I'm not talking so much about knuckle radius/diameter as I am
about having them pressed onto the shank to an consistent height.

I had to remove a few, sand the core shorter and press them back
on to a desired height. A caul for pressing does the trick. (jpg attached)
This one didn't last long because the wood compressed on the shank
and wasn't accurate through the job. I still need to get around to making
one out of metal or HMD Plastic.

Also, I'd like to follow-up on a set and remeasure through humidity cycles.
--

Regards,

Jon Page
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...